Monday, January 5, 2015

Elastic Headbands and Hair Ties



These headbands have become a huge trend over the past few years.  The best part, they are super simple to make! 

First I purchased the fold over elastic 5/8” from http://www.sunshineshoppesupply.com/
I hit up their clearance colors to save money!

Y'all for real these couldn’t be any simpler.  The hardest part of this craft will be getting the measurements right!  If it’s for yourself, just wrap it around your head  and leave a little etra to tie your knot. 

 Here are some basic measurement that match up the majority of the time!

Headband sizes: 

Standard adult size is 18 inches
 If you want to make pony tail holders, a good size is 9 inches.

Materials:
5/8” Fold over elastic
Scissors
Tape measure



Once you have your materials, measure the appropriate amount of elastic.  Here I am doing a 20 inch adult headband.  There is a Matte side and a shiny side of the elastic.  Choose which side you want to show when wearing it.  I am choosing the shiny side. 




Once cut, put the two ends of the elastic together, with both shiny sides showing.




I thien tie a knot.  The pictures help show how I tied my knot. 











Pull tight and we are done! Headband made!  To make pony tail holders do the exact same thing with the measurement of 9 inches instead of 20 inches. 


If want to purchase a headband, you can head over to my Etsy shop by clicking this link: Elastic Headbands!  Here are the other colors I have right now








Thanks for reading!  Make your own at home and share pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment